Friday, August 23, 2013

Stamped Sunflower Napkin Ring Medallions


If you have been following Thimbles, Bobbins, Paper and Ink Facebook page, then you know how excited I am about my Sunflowers!  This is the first year I've been successful in growing even one sunflower, let alone a dozen of them.  I'm ecstatic about them!  They are giant sunflowers and are right now at 10 or 11 feet high.  AWESOME!!


Technically, I don't suppose this stamped medallion is actually a sunflower.  Perhaps it is a daisy.  I'm not sure.  But I'm going to call it a Sunflower.  Is that OK?


These fun medallions are by rolling out SCULPEY III Oven-Bake Clay to 1/4 inch thickness.  Then I took my stamp (I used PSX E 2564 from 1999) and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used a skewer to create a hole for threading.  Then I baked the medallions in the oven at 275 degrees F for 15 minutes.  Once cooled you can paint these or leave them plain, or adorn them with any type of embellishment you desire.  So fast and easy.


I am using my medallions for Napkin rings.  I threaded some orange jute through the hole I had previously created and tied them to the front of the napkin.  These are fun for an afternoon tea or luncheon or anytime you want to add some color and pizazz to the party.

 
And yes I did cut one of my sunflowers.  It is so huge, it almost seems un-natural.  For my centerpiece I tied some burlap around a decanter and tied the medallion I had previously made around it.  Such a pretty centerpiece to highlight these magnificent Sunflowers.
 
A fast and simple little project to use one's stamps and ink and a little bit of clay.
 
Until next time,
 
Cheers!
 
 






I can be found sharing at these online parties:
Share your stuff Tuesdays, The Koenigs Create Midweek Linkup Party, Share it One More Time, Much Ado About MondayFeathered Nest Fridays, DIY Vintage Chic Friday, Herbanmama Wildcrafting Wednesday, The Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday, Sew-Off Saturday Sew Can She , Brag about it Tuesday Be Betsy , Shabby Art Boutique Shabbilicious Friday , Give Me The Goods Monday , Homestead Barn Hop , Whimsy Wednesday , Knick Of Time , Hickory Trail , Make the Scene Monday (at Alderberry Hill), From the Farm Blog Hop , A Peek Into My Paradise , A Delightsome Life , Share your Cup Thursday Have a Daily Cup, Homework , Green Willow Pond , A Stroll Thru Life , Work It Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style , I Should Be Mopping the Floors , Common Ground Be Inspired , Simple and Sweet Fridays , Frugal Fit Family Friday Follow Along , Sweet and Savory Sunday , Sugar and Slice Sunday , This Gal Cooks Marvelous Mondays , This Silly Girl's Life, Living Better Together TGIF Linkparty , DIY Sunday Showcase , Sweet 2 Eat Wonderful Wednesday , Dear Creatives Inspiration



8 comments:

  1. Jennifer, your sunflowers are beautiful! What a terrific set of napkin rings to compliment your beautiful table. Such a warm elegant feel...a special place to sit and catch up on some special moments. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer
    I too love Sunflowers! We have several at the back of our house which are soon to be in bloom.
    Your napkin rings are beautiful. They look great with your other sunflower pieces.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of these medallions. I made some for my wedding and people were crazy about them. Very cute! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and so pretty. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! So adorable!! I would call it a sunflower and I'm definitely going to make my own. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing how you did this. They're so perfect for late summer tea parties :D

    XO
    CorinnaAshley.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Share your Stuff Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think these are gorgeous - love the patina - beautiful tablescape! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.