Monday, October 17, 2016

Memory House by Bette Lee Crosby



Memory House grabbed my attention and didn't let go until I turned the last page. The combination of women's friendships, a mystical "gift" to be discovered and passed on, combining past treasures with present and modern day problems with relationships, and work place issues made this book a winner.

Bette Lee Crosby creates characters that you come to love, and some for whom you never wish to meet!  That is part of good story telling and character development.

I highly recommend Memory House and look forward to reading more in this series.


I had the privilege of reading Memory House through ibooks and given the opportunity to given an honest review.

Until Next Time,
Cheers!
 
Jennifer
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Jen-I am reading The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman-good book too! Thanks for passing on the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, for the recommendation! I'm always looking for good books recommended by friends. :)

      Delete
  2. Jennifer, I recently found your blog. I have been enjoying your posts. Your blog is such a joy to look through. I have enjoyed looking at your lovely cards. Drooling over the wonderful recipes..(there goes my New Year's resolution to behave myself especially with sweets)! smile. But I want to especially thank you for the book review. I still enjoy cardmaking and crafting, but this past year I have really managed to get back into reading in a big way. I'm always looking for new authors to read, and I'm going to try and find Bette Lee Crosby's books. Do you have other authors to recommend? I already read, Debbie Maccomber, Susan Mallery, Barbara Delinsky, Nicolas Sparks, Beverly Lewis, Susan Wiggs, Emilie Richards....any others to recommend? Thank you for reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you so much for your lovely comments! I'm always looking for wonderful 'new reads' and the authors you've mentioned are among my favorites. As well, have you read Kristin Hannah's books? You'll love them! Also, I'm eagerly awaiting Lisa Genova's newest book, "Every Note Played" which will be out in a month or two. Also, I'm following an author, Anthony Robert Allen who's newest book, "Minetta Mornings" will be out in a month or two also.

      Please let me know what you are looking forward to reading as well. It's such a joy to get recommendations from others.

      Happy New Year!
      Cheers and hugs!
      Jennifer

      Delete
  3. Thank you, so much, for answering my question. I must check out those authors that you mentioned! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.