Friday, September 9, 2016

Infant and Toddler Summer Sun Suit Rompers

Someone very special to me had her second baby girl this summer.  The newborn has a 2 years old big sister, so I thought it might be fun to make the little girls matching Summer Sun Suits.  

 
 I just love browsing digital sewing patterns on Etsy and I found this darling pattern that would fit sizes from Newborn to 24 months at My Childhood Treasures Etsy shop.

 
 The pattern does have a ruffle pattern piece, but I decided to use up some of my lacey ruffles, satin ribbons and satin rose buds and embellish in my own way.

 
These were so fast to sew up and I had just the best time making them. 

 
 Nothing more sweet than seeing little girls in ruffles and bows, ribbons and rosebuds.

 
 For the infant romper, since it was so tiny, rather than using three rows of the wider eyelet lace, I chose to use five rows of a narrow lace.


Of course I had to match the satin ribbons and rosebuds to the big sister version of the sun suit.

 
The fabric is from Tanya Whelan.  I just love her romantic fabrics. 
 
 

Until next time,
Cheers!
 
Jennifer
 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Some of my favorite Blog Parties I enjoy attending:
 
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop Pure Grace Farm,   Worthwhile Wednesdays, Wake Up Wednesdays, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, FoodySchmoody Tuesday Tastings,  Delish Dessert Link Party, Share your stuff Tuesdays, Anyonita Nibbles Tasty Tuesday'sShare it One More Time, Much Ado About MondayFeathered Nest Fridays, DIY Vintage Chic FridayThe Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday, Sew-Off Saturday Sew Can She , Two Cup Tuesday , Shabby Art Boutique Shabbilicious Friday , Give Me The Goods Monday , Homestead Barn Hop , Whimsy Wednesday , Knick Of Time ,  From the Farm Blog Hop , A Peek Into My Paradise , A Delightsome Life , Share your Cup Thursday Have a Daily Cup, Homework , Green Willow Pond , A Stroll Thru Life , Work It Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style , I Should Be Mopping the Floors , Common Ground Be Inspired , Simple and Sweet Fridays Sweet and Savory Sunday This Gal Cooks Marvelous Mondays , This Silly Girl's Life, Living Better Together TGIF Linkparty , DIY Sunday Showcase , Dear Creatives Inspiration, Super Saturday Link Party





3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.