Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Glass Etched Flour Canister


I like to bake bread and not just plain white bread.  I have a lot of different kinds of flour ranging from whole wheat, multigrain, rye, buckwheat, graham...the list goes on.  I use a lot of whole wheat flour and I needed another canister to store it in.  While rummaging around in the basement I came across a couple of huge, gallon+ size, glass pickle jars.  You know...the kind that food service and vendors have that their pickles and condiments come in.  That's when I decided to upcycle the jars into flour canisters.
 

The clear glass was perfect for trying my hand at a little decorative glass etching.

 
For the lettering I cut out my own lettering stencil to spell our FLOUR in a fun script.  Then I used a Martha Stewart floral design stencil beneath the word FLOUR.  I taped the stencils to the glass jar and applied the Martha Stewart Glass etching liquid with a foam brush over the letters and design.
 
 
Then being very careful, I removed the stencils, washed away the excess etching compound and...
Voila!
I created a canister for more flour. 

 
The lid is looking a little shabby covering the pretty jar so I think perhaps I'll cover it with either a pretty fabric or I'll paint it.  It's fun giving new purpose to discarded 'junk'.
 

Until next time,
Cheers!
 
Jennifer
 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Some of my favorite Blog Parties I enjoy attending:
 
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop Pure Grace Farm,   Worthwhile Wednesdays, Wake Up Wednesdays, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, FoodySchmoody Tuesday Tastings,  Delish Dessert Link Party, Share your stuff Tuesdays, Anyonita Nibbles Tasty Tuesday'sShare it One More Time, Much Ado About MondayFeathered Nest Fridays, DIY Vintage Chic FridayThe Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday, Sew-Off Saturday Sew Can She , Two Cup Tuesday , Shabby Art Boutique Shabbilicious Friday , Give Me The Goods Monday , Homestead Barn Hop , Whimsy Wednesday , Knick Of Time ,  From the Farm Blog Hop , A Peek Into My Paradise , A Delightsome Life , Share your Cup Thursday Have a Daily Cup, Homework , Green Willow Pond , A Stroll Thru Life , Work It Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style , I Should Be Mopping the Floors , Common Ground Be Inspired , Simple and Sweet Fridays Sweet and Savory Sunday This Gal Cooks Marvelous Mondays , This Silly Girl's Life, Living Better Together TGIF Linkparty , DIY Sunday Showcase , Dear Creatives Inspiration, Super Saturday Link Party




2 comments:

  1. I have never tried etched glass, but I love the look! Yours turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Brag About It this week. Pinned to share.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.