Monday, March 9, 2015

My first ducklings

After what was beginning to feel like an endless winter the seasons and weather appear to be taking a turn.  Ahhhhh...SPRING!  We've been working as much as possible throughout the winter on our little farm preparing the barn for the arrival of our planned "livestock."  This past Friday I got my very first ever ducklings.

I'm pleased to introduce you to Jemima Puddle-Duck, Beatrix Potter and Howard (The Mister named "Howard", in case you might not have guessed.)


The are so C+U+T+E !!  I don't know the gender of the ducks.  I'm hoping for girls as I'd really like to be able to gather duck eggs one day. 

These three ducklings are American Pekin Ducks.  When mature, they'll look like the duck on the Aflac commercials.



Ducklings grow really quickly.  Just since Friday they've nearly doubled in size.   They are in their brooder for the next several weeks.  They're so much fun to watch.  They are very curious and quite comical in their antics. 

In other news, the baby chicks will be arriving around the 20th of April.  Then in May we are hoping to have the horses transported here from Canada.   Besides the animals, I'm getting seedlings started for my vegetable and herb gardens.  So it is a very busy time of the years...and I'm loving every second of it.

Until next time,
Cheers!

Jennifer

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.