Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Spring time kitchen linens and aprons

Hello my friends!  In the past nearly 7 years since I've been had my Thimbles, Bobbins, Paper and Ink blog, I think this is the longest it's been between posts.  There are a lot of reasons too.  The Mister is renovating our kitchen completely so I've not been able to make my weekly "What's under the Cake Dome Sunday" posts because I have no place (yet) to bake or cook.  The new appliances are due in this weekend and hopefully I'll get back to baking in my brand new oven. 
 
But I haven't been idle.  No I've not!  My sewing machine has been humming along as I've been creating  spring kitchen linens and aprons.  I've been having such fun with a new line of Tanya Whelan fabrics and decided to make some fun half aprons, kitchen towels and pot holders .
 
 
The first of the 8 sets of kitchen linens that I'll share today is this dainty rosebud and pink gingham fabric.  I pulled out all of the stops on detailing.  The apron has a beautiful and delicate eyelet lace and tiny pink buttons.  I love the double flounce at the hemline.
 
This apron is so pretty!  And since it is machine washable there is no excuse for saying "it is too pretty to wear."  I think it looks just as adorable with jeans as it does for a formal tea party.
 
The pockets on all of my aprons are rounded with a set in pleat.  That makes it perfect for going out to the garden or chicken coup and bringing in an egg or two or perhaps a tomato. 

This apron is in my ETSY SHOP HERE.


The second item that I'm tickled PINK about is the darling Oven Apron Kitchen Towels.  YES!  This kitchen towel will hang from your oven door handle or even your dishwasher handle and looks like a miniature apron. 

 
Because the front and back of the oven apron Kitchen Towels are the same front and back you actually have two towels in one making it easy to turn around if the front gets a little soiled. Again, it is completely washable.

This darling kitchen towel is in my ETSY SHOP HERE.

UPDATE!  The oven apron Kitchen Towel is SOLD.
 

 
The third part of the springtime kitchen linens is a set of two Hot Pads.  I wanted the hot pads to be pretty and dainty looking but I also wanted them to be functional.  I used a double layer of Insul~Bright heat reflective batting in the bottom layer of the hot pads and then for good measure added another layer of Insul~Bright to the top layer.  No burns fingers with these beauties.

 
And of course, you can find these Hot Pads in my ETSY SHOP HERE.

UPDATE!  These Hot Pads are SOLD!
 
As you can see, I've been very busy.  There are a lot more aprons, towels and hot pad listed...just in case you'd like to take a peek.  **smiles**  You can check everything out HERE.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I have a number of spring items that I'm working on and I hope you'll check back to see what else is new.
 

Until next time,
 
Cheers!
 
 
Jennifer 

 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I was featured at:





Some of my favorite online blog hop parties I like to share at:
 
 Worthwhile Wednesdays, Wake Up Wednesdays, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, FoodySchmoody Tuesday Tastings,  Delish Dessert Link Party, Share your stuff Tuesdays, Anyonita Nibbles Tasty Tuesday'sShare it One More Time, Much Ado About MondayFeathered Nest Fridays, DIY Vintage Chic FridayThe Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday, Sew-Off Saturday Sew Can She , Brag about it Tuesday BeBetsy , Shabby Art Boutique Shabbilicious Friday , Give Me The Goods Monday , Homestead Barn Hop , Whimsy Wednesday , Knick Of Time ,  From the Farm Blog Hop , A Peek Into My Paradise , A Delightsome Life , Share your Cup Thursday Have a Daily Cup, Homework , Green Willow Pond , A Stroll Thru Life , Work It Wednesday , Savvy Southern Style , I Should Be Mopping the Floors , Common Ground Be Inspired , Simple and Sweet Fridays Sweet and Savory Sunday This Gal Cooks Marvelous Mondays , This Silly Girl's Life, Living Better Together TGIF Linkparty , DIY Sunday Showcase , Dear Creatives Inspiration, Super Saturday Link Party





13 comments:

  1. I am so glad you haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I love your apron, but unfortunately, I need one like the kitchen towel that covers my ENTIRE front, LOL! What a sloppy cook I am! These are delightful! My sewing machine was just humming too.....two little grocery bag holders for bridal shower gifts....two in one week, no less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnne, be watching for full length aprons in the near future. I hope you'll post your grocery bag holders. I'd love to see them!

      Delete
    2. Jennifer, I could never wear and dirty that beautiful apron even though it's washable; and the kitchen towel and pot holders are absolutely gorgeous. No matter what craft you work on, it is "top of the line." Everything is beautiful. When I grow up, I want to be you!

      Delete
    3. Jennifer, your work is absolutely gorgeous. That kitchen towel is so pretty and so are the pot holders. No matter what craft you are working on, it is all done "top of the line." I love everything you do; and when I grow up I want to be you.

      Delete
    4. Joanne, it is all about whistling while you work/cook. Feel pretty whilst cooking/baking delicious food. The stains will wash out. :) I do love these fabrics. So feminine and pretty, yet look great over work-a-day attire.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer,
    These are all lovely. You do awesome work. Thanks for sharing with us at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Jennifer they are so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up at the Wake Up Wednesday link party. I love your post, I pinned all your goodies on it. They are so very pretty. Wish I could sew half as well as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really beautiful. Love that apron! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do a great job sewing, my grandmother made her own as well, she wore a fresh starched ironed everyday!! Your hotpads are darling too!!

    Thanks for co-hosting from Wake Up Wednesday.

    Please join me on my WW this week
    Oh My Heartsie Girl WW Linky

    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I am also a new follower on G+, Pinterest, FB and Etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I saw your post on Wake-up Wednesday. I am in love with aprons also! I have just decided to learn to sew recently and am shopping for a sewing machine while researching classes. Your aprons and pot holders are beautiful!
    Shirley from Intelligentdomestications.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, all three projects are so shabbiliciously gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be sharing them at tomorrow's party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.