Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy New Year!

We're midway through the first month of 2014 and I've been remiss in sending out my sincere and warm greetings and wishes for a very happy and healthy New Year to you.  The Mister and I are looking forward to seeing what new experiences and adventures will unfold this year.  If all goes as we hope, it is going to be a VERY exciting year.


One thing I've been doing a lot of lately is going through my crafting supplies.  Having done a tremendous amount of sewing during December I have found myself with quite the upheaval in my craft and sewing room.  Time to clean!  I haven't inked up a stamp in months and once everything was put away and the room tidy I was inspired to play with some stamps.  Thus, today's card.  I've had this adorable dragon stamp for a couple years but hadn't used it.  Time to rectify the situation!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: The Stamp Barn (Heather's Stamping Haven CHSH 112M) and Papertrey Ink
Cardstock and papers: Cardstock is Stampin' Up! the the Design Paper is from K & Company
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Bamboo Leaves Green
Image Colored: Coloring with a combination of Prismacolor Pencils and a few Copic Markers.
Tools and Accessories: Cuttlebug circles embossing folder, Vellum for the wings, Green and yellow Stickles glitter, Prima Flowers,


This week's MOJO Monday #328 (below) provided the layout inspiration:



This was so much fun to put together.  I haven't stamped or made cards in such a long time and I've missed it.

Until next time,
 
Cheers!
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year Jennifer l hope your year is going to be as enjoyable as you plan......So pleased you sorted your craft room as this stamp is just so adorable your card is stunning and the papers used are beautiful too looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, you make me fell human! I just got back to by blog recently too! I love your card and that dragon is too cute and pretty for words I love all of his/her details! Especially those wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Jennifer, gosh your colored dragon is so cute. Love the wings and paper.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.