Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sympathy for loss of your cat

Everyone who knows me knows my love for animals. As one who has owned and loved and said goodbye to many beloved pets, I know the heartache one feels when they lose a furry friend. As a cardmaker, I try very hard to reach out to those who have lost a pet with a sympathy card. I don't like the fact of making them, but I do know how much I've appreciated the acknowledgement of loss in my own life, and so I try to pass the expression of sympathy on to others when they lose a pet.

Today's card is for the loss of a kitty. I really liked this week's Mojo Monday Layout challenge that Julee provided and used it for this sympathy card. Below is Julee's layout challenge #178:

The sentiment is a lovely pet sympathy set from Papertrey Ink. The cat stamp is from Stampin' Up! "C is for Cat" set and I stamped it with Versafine Sepia ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The lovely background paper is from K & Company. I'm not sure who makes the pawprint ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Cheers!

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet....I have a friend who recently had a kitty loss....it hurts so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer this is so pretty. I also don't like making pet sympathy cards, it's very sad. I really like the PT sentiment... I may have take a peek over at PT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and a thoughtful card. Losing a pet is not easy and until you own one the reality is even harder. Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.