Monday, February 7, 2011

Love is in the air


This week's challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge blog is to finish complete a sentiment beginning with "Love is..." using a Penny Black stamp. I just had to play along with this darling Penny Black stamp titled, Furry Embrace.

I colored the image with Prisma Color Pencils (I do not use a blending medium). The gorgeous ribbon was the inspiration for the color theme for the card. The ribbon spool states the maker is Celebrate It and I found it in the sale bin at Michaels. I just love it and the branches and flowers seemed to complement the branch and flowers holding the rope swing.

The sentiment, "Love is in the air" is computer generated and I felt expressed the emotion of these two kitties on the swing.

I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the hearts beneath the image and a Stampin' Up! oval punch to punch out the sentiment. The leaves are also a Martha Stewart punch. The flowers are from Recollections. Then I added touches of Cottoncandy Stickles on the flowers and kittens.
I don't send a lot of Valentines but I do have some special people that I like to share a Valentine note with and I know exactly who this sweet "Love is in the Air" will be sent to.

Cheers!
Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Ah this is one of my first Penny Black images, your card is just darling. I love the ribbon and the pretty flowers, and of course your Primsa coloring is always a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card.....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, cute card and just adore that image.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday this week.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin ADORABLE! Your coloring is fantastic, I feel like I say that on every card. So for the first two I didn't on purpose. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate them.